Monday, July 18, 2011

Beach Rainbow






There is a named tropical storm, Bret, swirling off the east coast of Florida. On Sunday it brought little cells of rain ashore a few times in the Indialantic area.


Late Sunday afternoon my wife and I walked down to take a look at the ocean. A day before the ocean had been fairly calm and the water very clean. A northeasterly wind usually clears the ocean water here. This evening, however, the water was on the rough side and the water had a brownish tint to it as the first picture shows.


As my wife and I were watching the ocean, it began to lightly rain. Then a rainbow appeared towards the horizon. At one point, there was actually a double rainbow.


I only carry an older, small pocket-sized camera to the beach, so I don't get the shots a DLSR would get, but I did get a couple pictures of the rainbow. One is taken looking towards the southeast side and the other looking toward the northeast.


Fortunately for us, Bret will only be a tropical storm and it will be moving away from Florida.


(Click on a picture to enlarge the size of the picture)

No comments: