Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tough Conditions Today



Conditions for fishing in the surf are very unfavorable today. The water is dirty and there is a lot of sargassum (seaweed) in the water and on the beach. Plus, the briskwinds have made the ocean rough.

Today I have been to the beach early in the morning and in the mid afternoon. On neither occasion did I see anyone surf fishing. If you have ever tried to fish in rough water and when seaweed abounded, you know it is difficult to say the least.

I have seen very few people fishing in the surf this whole month. I did hear, however, that someone caught 5 pompano a few days ago south of the boardwalk area.

The accompanying picture shows the seaweed that has washed ashore. It is also abounding in the water. I can only guess when conditions will improve.

No comments: