Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What a Catch!





Today was another absolutely beautiful day on Indialantic's beach. The water was clean, the beach wide and clean, the sun was shining, and the wind was light. It was not swimming weather, but it was great for beach walking and fishing.

There were quite a few fishermen trying their luck. Some were not catching anything, but one man I passed was having a spectacular time. He had in his bucket a 19 inch black drum, a sheepshead and a nice pompano in addition to what he caught next.

When I was approaching him, he was fighting an obviously big fish. In the course of the struggle, the surf rod snapped! That didn't deter him, however, and he finally landed the whopper of a black drum pictured above. Laying on the beach you can see the broken surf rod. I don't know the length and weight of the fish, but it was a catch I'm sure that he will always remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...