Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another Fishing Cart




I've included a couple pictures of another fishing cart that I've recently seen on the beach. Compared with the cart I pictured in an earlier post (see post for Oct. 31 ), this one is quite simple. It, however, meets the needs of the owner and helps make his fishing more enjoyable.

Did you notice the short rod with the big reel? The fisherman who owns this cart often fishes for sharks in the surf. On Thanksgiving afternoon he hooked and landed a 6 and a half foot spinner shark. Unfortunately, I wasn’t on the beach at the time to get a picture.

Fishing Conditions: This morning the ocean is fishable. There are long rolling waves and the water looks clean with no seaweed. The water clarity is medium. There is a light wind from the west. There were a number of people fishing and I saw some catches of whiting, sheepshead, black drum and a few pompano.

No comments: