Friday, November 21, 2008

A Good Day Fishing!


- Click Picture to Enlarge -

The fishing conditions on Indialantic's beach this mid morning and early afternoon were good. The water was clean and there was enough wind and waves to stir up the sand fleas on the first sand bar. Thankfully, the seaweed that had been plaguing fishermen was gone. I was surprised to see a lot of surfers, but only one other fisherman.

I snapped this picture of that fisherman's cooler after he had landed his 4th nice pompano. Before he was done, he caught 2 other nice sized pompano to make his limit. He also had whiting plus a rather nice black drum. He caught all his fish on sand fleas.

By early afternoon the wind had switched to the northeast and the temperature dropped some. The ocean became rougher, but it was still possible to hold bottom. The fisherman that I observed was throwing 6 ounces.

I think the weatherman is calling for windy conditions for the weekend. That might blow out the surf, but if not, the pompano are out there!

1 comment:

Mikesfarm said...

Hi Siggy, I went a little south about 1ish. There were no bait fish to be had, so I bought some. It was late enough to not be able to hold bottom with 4 oz. I do not like to throw more than 4 but...
I had no bites and with a strong current heading south I only stayed about a hour.