Friday, June 10, 2011

Morning Beach Walk










I woke earlier than usual this morning and decided to take an early morning stroll on the beach. It was a beautiful morning for such a walk, and I arrived about the time the sun was rising.

As you can see, there are not many people on the beach at sunrise in Indialantic. Along with the crabs and birds, I had the beach pretty much to myself. There was a young couple who had come down to observe the sunrise from the top of one of the accesses to the beach.

The beach was littered with fresh sargassum. Strong easterly winds have been bringing in a lot of seaweed in recent days. Under penalty of law, you are not allowed to remove any sargassum from the beach. Apparently it is good for the beach eco system.

After a pleasant and refreshing walk, I returned home to face the rest of the day.

No comments: