Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Walking the Beach in Indialantic!



Yesterday was a hot, humid day in central Florida as temperatures reached into the upper 90s in some places. It was not quite that warm in Indialantic where I live, but it was hot enough. About 7 PM I headed for the one outdoor place where I knew it would be cooler----the beach!

It was a beautiful evening to be on the beach. The air was noticeably cooler because of the nice sea breeze. The sun was not so hot and the condos cast their shadows providing shade.


It was so ice that I wanted to share the experience with anyone who might read this blog. So, I shot a short video. I faced north as I begin to shoot and gradually panned the ocean and ended up looking south which was down the beach. As you can see, I pretty much had the beach to myself. The noise that you hear is a combination of the wind and the surf.


Indialantic is on the Atlantic coast about 60 miles east of Orlando and 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach. Admittedly Cocoa Beach has a nicer beach. It is much wider but is also much more crowded and congested. The beach in Indialantic is not nearly as crowded, but it is still nice. I much prefer it here. It is a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle.


Indialantic has a nice boardwalk area, but I was walking north of that. Anyway, I had a nice walk and it made the rest of the evening more pleasant.





No comments: