Friday, January 9, 2009

Gator Orange Sandspikes

When I walked the beach yesterday afternoon, I saw a fisherman using orange colored sandspikes. I would have called them Gator sandspikes, but they were missing blue! He had not caught anything when I talked with him, but he will be a happy fisherman today if he rooted for the new national champions, the Florida Gators.

Speaking of Florida Gator items, someone had orange colored flowers delivered to my wife in the hospital yesterday that were in a blue vase. I think there was an orange ribbon around the top of the vase.

Although the fish were not biting along the portion of Indialantic’s beach that I walked yesterday, I think that today could be a better day. The water is very clean. Perhaps the northerly wind will cause more wave action among the otherwise calm waters.

Today should be another great day for walking the beach. There have been some great beach days during the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog! It's great to see a fishing and beach site specific to our area. My wife and I just started surf fishing. We caught a whole variety of fish this afternoon at paradise park. Including a bonnethead shark and a keeper black drum! Can't wait to go again.