Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Want to go Fishing!


I so much wanted to go fishing today. It has been over a week since the last time I fished in the surf. The conditions today, however, are not the greatest. The water is not clear and there is a moderate chop on the water. I suppose I might hold bottom with 6 ounces, but I’m going to wait for a better day. Another negative is that I noticed a little bit of sea weed along the shore.

I snapped this picture of a shark that someone had just caught. Not being an expert on sharks, I did not know what kind it was. It is not a bonnethead or a hammerhead shark. I didn't get a picture of the mouth, but the mouth had the classic shark look that we associate with Jaws.

There have been a lot of sharks being caught along the beach in Indialantic the last month. One man told me that he fished one day last week and caught 8 bonnetheads. Although sharks can be caught in any type of water, more are caught when the surf is on the dirty side like it has been the last couple of days

If anyone reading this blog can identify the shark in the picture, please comment and share the answer. To comment, you have to register or be registered with Google who hosts this blog.

No comments: