Thursday, December 18, 2008

Problems of a Surf Fisherman

I had looked forward to fishing today. After more than a week, I was anxious to get my lines in the water. I was disappointed; however, when I walked down to check the conditions. The water is not clean; there is a strong south to north current; the waves are fairly high, and there is some annoying sea weed in the water.

It is not easy being a surf fisherman. Someone wrote that for anyone fishing in the surf, everything favors the fish! I believe it. Seldom is there a day when the conditions are ideal. They are far from ideal today. I talked to one fisherman who was throwing 6 ounces of lead. He said that he was only throwing out 100 feet because he could not hold bottom any further out because of the strong current.

Well, there is always tomorrow!

No comments: